Deputy Director of Marketing - Okaloosa County Tourist Development
Plans, organizes, and directs tourism advertising, promotions, creative media buying, communications and public relations, visitor services, events, and partnerships.
SALARY RANGE: GRADE: E 77
$63,585.60 - $105,934.40 Annually
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervises and manages staff including, assignment, scheduling, interviewing, hiring, evaluation, training, and discipline of assigned staff.
• Develops and implements the annual marketing plan and budget which includes strategies for paid, owned, earned and shared media.
• Develops and implements strategies to advance the destination's identity, broaden awareness, and increase visibility of its programs and priorities across key audiences.
• Manages media procurement and oversight of media activities including securing insertion orders and monthly billing approval; develops and manages the annual media relations budget as it pertains to local, regional, national, and international media outreach initiatives.
• Fosters a team that will cultivate and execute new concepts, channels, and partnerships to position the organization as an innovative leader in the tourism industry.
• Demonstrates and communicates knowledge of product information: marketing initiatives, market research, brand strategy, and opportunities that will influence the brand.
• Cultivates productive working relationships with tourism partners and community entities such as local community groups, governments, attractions, events, and Chambers; acts as liaison with media and local government agencies.
• Creates marketing strategies that will cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, key influencers, and partner organizations.
• Works with local stakeholders including hotels, attractions, restaurants, retailers, civic and service organizations regarding media familiarization tours and media missions.
• Analyzes campaign results and market trends; recommends changes to strategies based on analysis and feedback.
• Works in partnership with the agency to identify potential new opportunities and develop plans and action steps to be instituted, managed, and measured.
• Provides planning and leadership to marketing, communications, and visitor information staff.
• Prepares and present reports as needed.
• Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education, Training, and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business or related field; supplemented by five (5) years of marketing and communications strategy experience, three (3) of which are in a senior management capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience managing a full-service advertising agency relationship required. Experience utilizing current social media platforms required. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and work independently with minimal supervision required. Experience in a destination marketing organization is preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Requires a valid driver license.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to effectively operate modern day office equipment, to include computers, copy/fax machines, and any related peripherals. Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Must be able to reach, extending hand(s) in any direction. Must be able to handle, seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hand(s). Physical demands are essentially those of sedentary work.
Language Ability: Requires ability to read a variety of technical data, policy and procedure manuals, codes, professional journals, etc. in moderately complex terminology. Requires the ability to prepare forms and reports using prescribed formats and adhering to all rules of grammar, spelling, diction and punctuation. Requires the ability to communicate with a broad array of individuals from various professional backgrounds. Must be able to communicate effectively in Standard English and to articulate information to others.
Intelligence: Requires the ability to apply principles of common sense understanding to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; to make independent judgments in absence of supervision; to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation.
Numerical Aptitude: Must be able to add and subtract; may require the ability to multiply and divide.
Interpersonal Temperament: Requires the ability to deal with people beyond receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads or public contact. Requires the ability to exercise consistent tact and courtesy when in frequent contact with various professionals, county staff, and the general public.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
302 North Wilson Street Suite 203,
Crestview, FL 32536
Please Note: There will be a Deputy Director of Marketing Supplemental Questionnaire to complete in this application. To see the full application click here. This application MUST be submitted online at www.mv.okaloosa.com.