Leadership Okaloosa Now Accepting Application
Leadership Okaloosa is an esteemed leadership training and development program with a 30 year history of being a vital part of Okaloosa County’s growth and development of its leaders. This 9 month experience is designed to enhance the participant’s leadership skills and provide community awareness. Hosted from September to May, participants receive classroom training by certified instructors and are given opportunities to interact with various key community leaders throughout the process. Tours of key areas such as Destin, Crestview, Niceville, Valparaiso, Fort Walton Beach, Eglin Air Force Base, Hurlburt Field and Legislative Days in Tallahassee provide participants with a better understanding of the community. Additionally, each participant takes part in a group project to benefit the community while focusing on project management, time management and team building skills. Another important aspect of Leadership Okaloosa is the networking relationships forged that lead to long lasting personal and professional relationships. Leadership Okaloosa is hosted by the Northwest Florida State College; with the support of the Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce, Destin Chamber of Commerce, Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce, and Niceville Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce.
Benefits to the Participant
• Learn leadership training and development
• Network with others in the community
• Become equipped and motivated to assume leadership roles in the community
Interact with community leaders
• Develop an awareness of the region and its needs • Learn aspects of the Legislative process (Tallahassee Legislative Days)
Applications are accepted through August 24, 2020. The class size ranges from 25-40 participants. Leadership Okaloosa seeks participants who:
• Demonstrate leadership qualities in their job
• Participate in the community and desire to better our community through active leadership
• Commit necessary time and effort to complete the Leadership Okaloosa program
• Represent a cross section of the population • Hold high standards of personal integrity
• Desire to network with others in the community
• Want to assume leadership roles in a variety of settings
Participants must attend a minimum of four of the training classes and community tours, and participate in and complete the class project to be eligible for graduation. Make-up options are available.
Tuition Fee - $975
The fee includes access to online training and materials, coffee and lunch during training days, chamber breakfast or lunch during tours, hotel and transportation during Tallahassee Legislative days, and graduation celebration for participant and at least two guests to attend.
Orientation and Training Day
September 11, 2020
NWFSC, Building 400
Schedule to be handed out at orientation.
Times – Training Days - 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.*
Tour Days – 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.*
Graduation Celebration – 5:30 p.m.
• Attend at least 4 training and tour days
• Attendance at Graduation Celebration is encouraged!